60+ February Social Media Ideas – Images, Video, GIFs and more!
You’ll find popular and international holidays as well as crazy and unusual days of celebration. And there are literally dozens of ideas – updated for 2021! We have listed social media holidays for each day of the week. And we’ve also included a list of tools and ideas you can return to at any time … Continued
You’ll find popular and international holidays as well as crazy and unusual days of celebration. And there are literally dozens of ideas – updated for 2021!
We have listed social media holidays for each day of the week. And we’ve also included a list of tools and ideas you can return to at any time for later reference!
What Comes With The February Social Media Ideas?
I’ve included the following in this post full of February Social Media Ideas:
a quick reference guide to social media holidays for each month. We’ve added them to a handy infographic!
an overview of February social media ideas. This includes what you can create and how to share them. Use them for images, GIFs, videos and more!
a list of tools and resources to help you create visuals for Social Media Holidays. Use our Social Media Content Calendar to help you!
Tips for Creating February Content Ahead of Time (in a Snap!)
Creating content can be hard and takes time, but if you schedule ahead and do a few simple things, it makes it much much easier for you.
In fact, with just a few key strategies you can have a month’s worth of content created and scheduled out in very little time at all. Here are my tips for doing that, especially when it comes to creating video:
Use a template. There are plenty of templates available on the tools I’ve recommended below. Use one of them and use it to guide you. Why spend ages creating a cool design, when you are not a designer? Instead, use a design that a designer has already signed off on, and edit the template. Edit just the text or photo or color. Don’t go too crazy as then you run the risk of ruining the design (sorry, but it’s true and that goes for me too!).
Create in batches. If you are going to get into a creative space that results in you creating one social video (this applies to images too), why not create two videos? or three videos? or 10-20 images? It’s much easier to create a bunch of videos in one sitting than to do them all at separate times. You have the tools open and ready to go. Keep going and do another one!
Create short, snappy video for social media – it doesn’t have to be an hour long. 15-30 seconds is enough. For more advice about how to create effective 15-second videos, check out this post.
Create some easily consumed content. For example, image quotes, tips or observational humour are great for engagement, especially on Facebook where people are just scrolling through content at a rapid pace.
Use GIFs to add some personality. Whether you create your own GIFs (I’ve added tips below) or you use one of the millions of GIFs in the Giphy library, adding a GIF to a social media post, email or blog post can add humour and personality to the mix.
Quick Guide Infographic to February Social Ideas & Holidays
Here’s a quick reference guide to some of the most important February Social Media Holidays so you can share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Want the full 2021 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
Tips for using this post filled with February Social Media Ideas
Create a social video based around the holiday in question – do a Top 5 list, a how-to video, behind the scenes of your business (related to that holiday), a tutorial, or a quote video. Get creative! Is it Pizza Day? Do a video about Pizza Fun Facts! Use a video tool like Wave to help you.
Create a fun GIF that reflects the holiday in question. Or share a GIF, direct from Giphy
Create an image-based around the holiday – a quote, meme, saying, tip, photo or image that reflects the celebration day or image with text overlay.
This post focuses on social video, images, GIFs and animations. You are only limited by your imagination!
I’ve included more tools and tips below for creating February content. Let’s dive in!
I’ve included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in February list of social media ideas and holidays. I’ve also included hashtags, tools, tips and resources for creating visual content in 2021. This post will be updated annually to check dates. We’ll also add content as we create or discover it. So keep it bookmarked to refer back to!
1. Change Your Password Day – #ChangeYourPasswordDay. We all need a reminder to update our passwords, right?
2. Groundhog Day – #GroundhogDay. Today is a good day to share a movie clip from the movie Groundhog Day, a quote or maybe a Fun Fact about what Groundhog day actually is!
3. National Carrot Cake Day #CarrotCake – there’s something enticing about a cake that completely hides the fact that it is based on carrots. Double the cream cheese frosting please!
4. World Cancer Day #WorldCancerDay
5. National Chocolate Fondue Day #ChocolateFondueDay in case you need some chocolate. And if you need more chocolate, it’s also World Nutella Day.
6. National Frozen Yoghurt Day – #FrozenYoghurtDay. If you love The Good Place on NBC – like me – then you’ll appreciate this GIF:
7. National Send a Card to a Friend Day – #SendACardToAFriendDay. Send a physical card to a friend. Or if you want to send something immediate, try a GIF:
Whatever your language skills, take the time to highlight other languages and mother languages today. It’s a day to ask your audience to share what their 1st language is or maybe thank them in another language!
23. World Understanding and Peace Day #WorldUnderstandingAnd PeaceDay. Maybe this is a good time to share a quote from Amanda Gorman’s amazing 2021 Inauguration Speech Poem:
24. World Bartender Day #WorldBartenderDay. Share your favourite drink mix!
25. National Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day #ChocolateCoveredNuts. Its also National Chili Day (4th Thursday in February). Note: Chilli is spelled as “Chilli” in British English.
26. National Pistachio Day #PistachioDay and International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd Friday in November).
27. National Retro Day #RetroDay.
Celebrate with some retro clothes, toys, games or music! Break out the Fleetwood Mac!
28. Floral Design Day – #FloralDesignDay & International Stand up to Bullying Day (also celebrated on 3rd February in November). It’s also National Toast day (the humble toasted bread) #NationalToastDay.
Here’s a quick list of February month-long holidays to dive into to find week-long social media ideas:
African Heritage and Health week (7 days starting February 1st) National Patient Recognition Week (7 days starting February 1st)
National Women’s Heart Week (7 Days starting February 1st)
National Hearth Month (US)
Creative Romance Month
National Black History Month
Celebration of Chocolate Month
Snack Food Month
National Grapefruit Month
National Macadamia Nut Month
Library Lovers Month
Low Vision Awareness Month
Video and Animation Tools for Creating Video Content
Here’s a couple of quick and easy tools list for you to find Video content ideas to create videos or GIFs quickly and easily for your social media channels.
Wave is is my go-to video tool for creating easy-to-share social video. The thing I love about Wave is their template library, huge library of image and video assets (included in your monthly membership), moveable text and the ability to add stickers to your content.
And they have a massive audio library with easy editing tools too. I could go on and on – it’s a great tool!
Giphy is the best source online for finding GIFs to share from their GIF library. Simply go to their website and search on the hashtags that you want to find GIFs for. Get creative with your hashtag combinations and you’ll find all sorts of gems! I also have a branded Giphy Channel and will be sharing my GIFs in these monthly posts so you’ll find some fun ones in there to share too.
Hot Tip: You can also access any of the Giphy creations from Twitter, Facebook or Instagram Stories! Simply use the Giphy/GIF search and enter in the hashtag you want to use. Because I have a Giphy Channel if you enter in #SociallySorted on Instagram Stories you can find all of my GIF Stickers too!